Modern Slavery Act
Modern Slavery & Human Trafficking Statement and Review 2021
This statement is made pursuant to Section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015. The statement will be reviewed and updated annually.
FloPlast Ltd is a leading manufacturer and supplier of Plastic Building and Plumbing systems in the UK. The company recognises the responsibility it has, along with its suppliers, to operate ethically and with integrity in all of its business relationships.
We are committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in our supply chains or in any part of our business.
Due Diligence and Auditing of Suppliers
- Our supply chains include UK and non UK suppliers.
- Our suppliers are responsible for ensuring their compliance within the Modern Slavery Act. However, FloPlast Ltd also takes an active role in trying to police compliance in this area.
- Our Supplier/Vendor assessment processes are under continuous review to ensure that all new and existing suppliers are committed to eliminating modern slavery and human trafficking through robust policies, processes and procedures.
- We seek to build long-standing relationships with suppliers and to make clear our expectations of ethical business behaviour from them.
- In terms of agency workers we only deal with reputable providers and request evidence of a workers right to work in the UK.
- FloPlast Ltd has a zero tolerance policy to modern slavery and human trafficking and we expect all those in our supply chain to comply with our values. FloPlast Ltd will not support or deal with any business knowingly involved in modern slavery or human trafficking.
Employees and Training
- As part of the company’s commitment to identifying and eradicating modern slavery and human trafficking, we have in place a system to encourage the reporting of any concerns and the protection of whistle blowers.
- Training is to be provided where necessary to ensure that sufficient levels of risk awareness are in place in terms of identifying modern slavery and human trafficking.
- FloPlast Ltd provides all employees with a contract and a copy of the Company Handbook, and all employees are paid in-line with (or above) minimum statutory provisions.
Ultimately FloPlast Ltd wants its customers to be confident that both FloPlast and its business partners treat their employees fairly and with respect for their human rights.
We have a responsibility to be alert to the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking in our business and in the wider supply chain. Staff are encouraged to report any concerns and management are expected to investigate thoroughly and take appropriate action.
The Company Directors and Senior Management shall be responsible for the application of this policy and to ensure all activity complies with the Modern Slavery Act 2015.
S J Norris
Chief Executive Officer